Since I'm apparently unable to open a Typepad window without digressing into a two-thousand-word epic, I'm posting a tl;dr (that's "too long; didn't read", for those of you, like me, not on Reddit) version of my Jeopardy! campaign announcement. If you want the full, chatty, meandering version, go here. But if you just want the facts, here they are:
Jeopardy! is having a 30th anniversary Battle of the Decades tournament early next year, with 45 of the top players in the show's history playing for a million-dollar prize. The last three spots, one for each decade, are being determined by a Fan Favorite online vote, and starting today, I'm one of the five candidates for the '00s spot. You can vote for me three times a day for seven days. Here's how:
- Facebook: Vote for me on Jeopardy!'s Battle of the Decades Facebook page. (You have to be registered on Facebook to vote.)
- Twitter: Post a tweet that includes the word "Tom" and the hashtag "#JeopardyVote" (make sure there's a space between "Tom" and the hashtag, and no space in the hashtag). Sample tweet: "Tom #JeopardyVote". Or: "Tom Nissley's wife makes beautiful and practical sparkly, vinyl handbags. #JeopardyVote". (It's true.)
- Jeopardy!: Vote for me on Jeopardy!'s own Battle of the Decades '00s page.
- Share!: Please spread my campaign any way you can. I'll be grateful.
And here's my campaign platform:
- I'm the third-leading money-winner in regular Jeopardy! history. Really!
- I want revenge for this.
- I'm the Phil Mickelson of game shows.
- There's a funny joke (not mine) at the end of my Battle of the Decades video.
- I'm Seattle's top Jeopardy! champ (by a technicality).
- I really, really, really want to play Wimbledon one more time.